AUSTRALIAN LUNAR SERIES II 2015 YEAR OF THE GOAT SILVER TYPESET COLLECTION
- Magnificent Year of the Goat Tributes
- Four 99.9% Pure Silver 1oz Coins
- Proof, Gilded, Bullion and Coloured Finishes
- Australian Legal Tender
- Extremely Limited Issue – 1,500 (Perth Mint: SOLD OUT!)
- Presentation Packaging
- Numbered Certificate
In 2015, we celebrate the eighth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Chinese zodiac. The birth dates for people ruled by the Chinese Lunar goat include 1919, 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003 and 2015. Those born under the influence of this sign are said to be elegant, charming, artistic, gifted and calm.
Each coin is struck from 1oz of 99.9% pure silver and finished in a stunning range of popular numismatic treatments sought after by collectors and gift buyers.
The reverse of each coin depicts a family of three goats standing in a stylised rural scene. The Chinese character for ‘goat’ and the inscription ‘Year of the Goat’ also appear in the design with The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
- The delicately frosted design on the silver proof coin appears on a mirror-like polished table.
- The shiny design on the bullion coin appears on a frosted table.
- The gilded edition highlights the goats in 24-carat gold.
- The proof quality coloured edition depicts a family of three coloured goats in vivid colour.
Issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965, the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the 2015 year-date, and the monetary denomination are shown on each coin’s obverse.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 1,500 of the 2015 Year of the Goat 1oz Silver Typeset Collection from the following maximum mintages: 8,500 (proof), 300,000 (bullion), 50,000 (gilded) and 170,000 (coloured).
The Typeset Collection is issued with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
The Typeset Collection is housed in a classic black and red display case and illustrated shipper.
Video: Perth Mint presents 2015 Proof Goat gold & silver coins